8 reasons you should work at Fell Swoop
Work on challenging projects with an extraordinary and diverse client list that includes brands like: Facebook, The New Yorker, Virgin, Microsoft Windows, and many more.
Enjoy the perks of a company that truly values work-life balance with a generous PTO policy.
The ability to set up your workspace your way, that including standing desks and the ability to ‘spec’ your own hardware.
Catered lunch on Fridays, always copious snacks in the snack drawer. Occasional donuts. Waffles anyone?
Our office is in the heart of downtown Seattle. We are near Pike Place Market, the Seattle Waterfront, and the downtown Retail Core.
Work at a small company but enjoy the benefits of a large one: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, profit sharing and a company-sponsored retirement plan.
The quest for ideas sometimes takes you away from your desk, and some days you just need to focus and crank it out. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Fell Swoop are flex days. Work where you like as long as it gets done.
Furry family members are welcome. But no biting or peeing on the floor (that includes employees too).
We’re in it for more than the money. We want to do great work, and treat each other well while doing it. These core values drive our decisions and our behavior:
Integrity matters. We do the right thing, even when nobody’s looking.
We relish challenges and strive for better in everything we do, from internal process to client-facing work.
We hear and champion the interests and perspectives of others: users, clients, and colleagues alike.
We choose what works, keeping products and processes lean and focused.
We believe the best ideas come from giving everyone a seat at the table and bringing diverse perspectives together.
We take a “white glove” approach to service, always looking for ways to do more rather than less and empowering our clients to focus on what matters to them.
No drama, no ego–each person pulls their hardest for the good of all. Great ideas always win.
Simplicity requires creativity. We challenge conventional wisdom to break through the obvious to the amazing.
We are looking for talented people for the following roles:
We are looking to meet with visual designers who might be a fit for some exciting upcoming projects.
What you’ll do:
- Be an engaged, energizing member of the team.
- Deliver brilliant creative concepts with a high degree of fit & finish.
- Craft beautiful user-centered, functional UI designs.
- Work with copywriters to deliver quality communications.
- 5+ years of experience in a creative agency or in-house role.
- Stunning portfolio of work, including real projects for large corporate clients.
- Strong presenter. Able to communicate concepts to team members and clients in a clear, compelling way.
- Organized and able to manage multiple deliverables and meet timelines.
- Able to work independently.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Collaborative. A good team communicator.
- Experienced in Adobe CC apps with emphasis on PhotoShop, Illustrator, After Effects.
- Experienced working in Sketch.
- Fluent in discussing HTML & CSS concepts. Able to communicate with developers to ensure design is built as intended and to troubleshoot and do QA on design/dev details.
Posted 10.11.2017 Permalink
Digital products and websites increasingly serve as the most critical touch-point for every brand and non-profit on the planet. Fell Swoop’s mission is to help our clients thrive in this environment with exceptional user experience design.
At Fell Swoop you will have an opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects with large consumer-facing brands, growing mid-size businesses with complex design challenges, and exciting start-ups that truly need our help to succeed. Your skills in interaction design and user research will play a critical role in shaping the user experience of digital products and services.
At Fell Swoop, you’ll have the opportunity to tackle many different interaction design challenges in a design studio environment while collaborating closely with clients and the design team. Your contributions will make a significant positive impact for our clients and for the people that use our designs.
As practitioners, we strive for excellence both in our design work and in service to our clients. Come join us.
What you’ll do:
- Identify client business goals and user needs
- Determine business requirements and feature sets
- Collaborate in defining user experience strategies for client projects
- Conduct user research with target audiences then define user profiles, scenarios and journey maps that align with the overall strategy
- Design interfaces for responsive websites and mobile applications, using a variety of low to high fidelity methods including sketches and wireframes
- Plan and conduct usability studies to evaluate our designs with real end users
- Collaborate with visual designers and developers to fully realize designs
- Present your work in client meetings
What you bring:
- A portfolio demonstrating intelligent, user-centered design work A degree in a related field such as Interaction Design, HCI, Visual Design, Communication Design, Software Engineering, etc.
- Five or more years of experience designing user interfaces for ecommerce web sites, responsive websites, mobile apps and/or complex web applications
- A strong command of web design best practices, usability heuristics, and technical capabilities and limitations, and a knack for guiding clients down the path to great design
- An ability to work quickly in a fast paced client services driven environment
- A dedication to client service
- Flexibility and openness in how you approach your work
- A demonstrated strength in public speaking and presenting that will be used for effectively communicating your thoughts when presenting work and consulting with clients
- A growth mindset, and a willingness to learn and try new things
- An ability to communicate with your manager and colleagues professionally, and directly
- An ability to remain calm and focused in a stressful and fast-paced client services environment
- You must be a motivated self-starter and able to efficiently manage your time
- Advanced knowledge of Axure for creating low-fidelity prototypes
- Working knowledge of Sketch
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience working at a client services firm is preferred
- Full medical and dental benefits for you (coverage for dependents available at your expense)
- 6 weeks of PTO (including holidays and sick time)
- Flexibility to work from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Posted 10.11.2017 Permalink
If you don’t see the job you’re looking for, but think we should talk anyway, please send us a note to email@example.com